on The Creative Penn:
Why is research so important — and what are the various ways you can do it effectively? How do you credit your sources? Plus more tips on researching fiction and non-fiction.
I did a recent discussion with Orna Ross on the Ask ALLi Podcast about book research. You can watch the video, listen to the audio, or read the transcript below.
- Why is research so important — for fiction and non-fiction?
- Research of memory
- Following your curiosity. Write what you’re interested in, not necessarily what you know.
- Researching with books, films/TV, YouTube, podcasts and other media
- Research in person — traveling, interviewing people, plus surveys and your community
- How much you need to research — and when to stop
- Credit and attribution