on The Creative Penn:
If you took the decision to become an authorpreneur and write a non-fiction book, it’s more than likely because you realize that they are a great way to:
- Position yourself as an expert in your field
- Increase your authority and credibility
- Give you a larger platform to share your influence, thought leadership and message
- Increase your followers, subscribers and fanbase
- Expose you to your ideal clients – keeping you booked, busy and making bank.
However, none of this is possible if nobody knows that it (or you) exist! The truth is, “if you build it they will come” is only true in Hollywood. A literal field of dreams, if you will.
If you want to create more impact and ultimately sell more books, you will need to attract more attention to you and your brand. This means becoming more visible through networking, PR and marketing.
A great place to start is mastering guest posting by becoming a guest author, blogger or contributor on another person’s platform.