One of my fellow WP Blogger Friends asked me how they can add a ‘Follow by Email’ button onto their WP blog.
Here is a (I hope) simple tutorial:
1. Go into your WP Admin:
2. Select Appearance
3. Select Widgets
4. From the selection offered scroll down
5. Find the Follow Button and Follow Blog
6. As I understand it, the ‘Follow’ Button will enable Followers to receive RSS Notifications of your posts
7. The ‘Follow Blog’ widget will enable Followers to receive Email notifications of all your posts
8. This is what the Follow Blog widget looks like inside
9. In my case I have a Sidebar where I added the Follow Blog button, your blog theme may give you other options as well.
Choose a Sidebar to make it as easy to find as possible.
10. To move the widget from the bottom to another, higher location, press and hold your mouse cursor and drag the button to the new location, then release it.
11. You’ll see mine in the right column beside this post – it looks like this:
12. This is what the Follow Button Widget looks like inside:
13. This is what it will look like on your blog:
14. To relocate it, follow the steps described in Point 10 above
15. Here’s what each of them look like together: