Front & Back Matter
Here are some points to consider when preparing the front and back matter for your self-published book:
- Back matter can get in the way of an important page in your e-book. The very end encourages the customer to review the book.
- Include your blog and social media url’s on your author page (with hyperlinks for your Kindle e-book). Add a note that gives readers a reason to visit your sites (e.g. free interactive map).
- Series authors can include a short sample of the next volume at the end of each book.
- A reader might close the Look Inside, bored with a prologue, never reaching Chapter 1, which might grab attention better. Ask yourself if you really need that prologue.
- Use the table of contents wisely. Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc. is a wasted opportunity. Create short names that catch interest for fiction or that reveal content…
View original post 480 more words