Find out how to balance the scenes in a crime novel or thriller by using different types of beats that help readers understand the fictional world they’re immersed in. There’s a free sample scene analysis too!
What’s in this post?
- Emotion beats: for sensibility
- Action beats: for movement
- Inaction beats: for breathing space
- Description beats: for stability
- Dialogue beats: for expression
- Why mixing up beats makes scenes more interesting
- How to analyse a scene for beat balance
- Download a FREE sample analysis