on The Creative Penn:
How can you use an outline to improve your book before you start the first draft? How can you use it to play with your creative ideas without feeling hemmed in by the process?
In this interview, KM Weiland talks about how to outline your novel as well as thoughts on writer’s block, filling the creative well, and longevity as a writer and blogger.
- The importance of refilling the creative well — especially if you are experiencing writer’s block
- Outlining as brainstorming and discovery
- Tips for how to outline
- Why you don’t have to choose whether to be a plotter or pantser/ discovery writer
- Benefits of outlining for discovery writers
- How outlining can give a writer a simpler, more macro view of a story — and help you write your sales description/back blurb
- How a clear premise can help you write a book’s description
- Marketing across diverse genres
- How blogging and non-fiction writing underpin Katie’s business and fuel her fiction career