on The Creative Penn:
The last decade has seen a dramatic change in the publishing industry as ebooks and digital audio have gone from a side note to a huge part of the reader experience — and a significant part of independent author incomes.
In this episode, I talk to Len Edgerly from The Kindle Chronicles Podcast which started in July 2008. (Podcast and Transcript)
We also talk about the recent US Senate hearing on Big Tech and consider the possible changes ahead.
- Changes in the publishing industry in the past 12 years
- The impact of KU and whether the subscription model is the future for ebooks and audiobooks
- What it’s like to interview Jeff Bezos and his real passion for books
- A discussion on the US Senate hearings on big tech and anti-trust and possible ramifications for publishing
- Audiobooks and the future of reading and listening