on The Creative Penn:
Do you want to focus and get more writing done this year? Do you want to step away from the many distractions online and achieve your creative goals?
In today’s show, I discuss how to be indistractible with Nir Eyal.
- Is it our fault that we’re so distractable?
- Why technology isn’t the problem causing distraction
- Creating indistractable time for writing
- Why the opposite of distraction is not focus
- The two types of triggers for distraction
- Why do we do things that are against our better interests?
- Why time management is pain management
- The difference between a strategy and a tactic when it comes to being indistractable
- Thoughts on the future of social media