on The Creative Penn:
Is it worth pitching traditional media for PR in an era of paid ads? Can PR build your author brand and attract opportunities you might not have had otherwise? What are the best ways to pitch your book? Dana Kaye answers these questions and more in today’s show.
- What author branding really is and why it’s important
- The different aspects of book marketing and publicity
- How to successfully pitch your book to media
- Thinking about timely hooks when promoting your books
- How much (or little) marketing traditional publishers actually do for authors — and why you need to care about your own marketing