Image from ShutterStock.
CREATESPACE ESTORE IS CLOSING
Beginning October 31, 2017, customers will no longer be able to purchase paperbacks directly from the CreateSpace eStore.
If you have a link to your CreateSpace eStore and a customer clicks on it, the customer will be redirected to the corresponding page at Amazon.com.
According to CreateSpace, the reasons behind the change include:
- It’s much easier to search for books across Amazon’s site than it is to search for books on CreateSpace.
- Amazon offers a much better checkout process than CreateSpace does.
- Amazon offers better shipping options, including Amazon Prime.
- Amazon sends out tracking notifications for orders placed through Amazon.
- Amazon’s storefront is a much more familiar interface for customers.
- Several customers have requested the features described above.
Unfortunately, when a customer clicks on a link to a CreateSpace eStore and is redirected to Amazon, authors will earn Amazon.com royalties (not eStore…
View original post 774 more words