First up, a question from a recent Twitter chat. “What are hashtags and how do I use them? ”
“The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It was created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages.”
How to #Hashtags:
- Anyone can use a hashtag.
- Place the # before a keyword (without spaces) to help categorize Tweets; examples include (#writingcontest, #flashfiction).
- To find trending topics and those talking about it, search by the #keyword.
- Can be placed anywhere in a Tweet and as a keyword in a blog post.
- Use, clear, memorable, and common hashtags (those universally understood).
Advantages of Using Hashtags:
- Lead to connections.
- A search by #hashtag will…
View original post 164 more words