Goodreads has recently improved their Goodreads giveaway program.
Authors who sign up with Goodreads can run Goodreads giveaways for their books.
- It must be a print book. (CreateSpace is great for self-publishing a paperback.)
- Goodreads sends the author a list of winners. The author ships author copies directly to the winners.
- You can give away as little as 1 copy, so you can get some good exposure for a reasonable price.
- If you give multiple copies away, it improves your chances of getting reviews at Goodreads (but winners are less likely to post a review on Amazon).
- One benefit of the giveaway is that hundreds of readers are likely to add your book to their to-read list, which makes your book’s Goodreads page seem somewhat more popular.
- The giveaway may not have a noticeable direct impact on sales. It can help with exposure and to…
View original post 590 more words