A good question, a potential market for you?
THE CHILDREN’S MARKET
There are currently 1,314,394 books listed on Amazon.com in children’s.
Over a million children’s books. At first, that sounds like a lot. But it’s really not so much.
- There are 28,000,000 paperbacks listed on Amazon, but only 700,000 of these are children’s books. That’s a mere 2.5%.
- There are 9,000,000 hardcover books; 300,000 are children’s books. 3.3%.
- There are 3,300,000 e-books listed in the Kindle Store; 230,000 of these are children’s. That’s nearly 7%.
- There are 900,000 Kindle Unlimited e-books; 89,000 of these are children’s. 10%.
Let’s look at the 230,000 Kindle children’s e-books, for example:
- 82,000 are classified under literature and fiction. That’s about one-third. That leaves only 150,000 for the other categories.
- 34,000 are sci-fi and fantasy.
- 32,000 are in animals. (Most of these also appear in a second category.)
- 32,000 relate to growing up and the facts of life.
- 26,000 are…
View original post 1,190 more words