GOTTA re-blog this NOW Chris – Good News for Authors is rare 😀
July, 2014 Author Earnings Report
Check out the July, 2014 author earnings report:
It has some good news for self-published authors:
- Indie authors found success with the Amazon bestseller lists, topping the Big 5 numbers in some statistics.
- Indie authors drew in good revenues from bestselling e-books.
Also worth noting:
- The Big 5 e-books made more revenue for Amazon than indie e-books, even though indie e-books drew more author revenue.
- It’s worth reading the note about DRM being a bad idea. See the graph to see which price ranges this affects most (in some cases, the difference is slight; for others, it’s significant).
- Check the graph that sorts data by genre. You can see that indies do well in more genres/subjects than just romance.
- The charts also include small and medium publishers.
Successful Indie Authors
Here is a recent article from Yahoo Finance, highlighting recent indie author successes:
View original post 195 more words