Once you press that publish button, your book will be publicly visible. This allows the general public to discover and purchase your book, but it also makes you vulnerable.
What could happen?
- You could spend years researching and producing a book, and in just a few seconds someone can write a few words in a review that sends you seething.
- You could spend months doing even more work to market your book, only to find that some of your former social media friends no longer wish to speak with you.
- You could be unfortunate enough to attract the attention of cyberbullies.
- You could stick your foot in your mouth publicly in a few seconds, shattering months of hard work to brand your author image.
- You could have a steady flow of sales going, and then suddenly the algorithm that was helping your book get discovered can
View original post 1,352 more words