on The Creative Penn:
How do you intentionally create an author brand that resonates with your readers? How can you write the books you love and make a successful living as a full-time author? All this and more in today’s interview with Gail Carriger.
- Travel as an important part of writing
- Writing about a culture other than one’s own without slipping into stereotypes and cliché
- Writing the books we’ve longed to read
- The research and planning that goes into a nearly 30 book series
- On having an author brand that includes a physical persona
- Ideas for thinking about author branding
- The importance of getting a newsletter started early in a writing career.