on The Creative Penn:
Audiobooks are the fastest-growing segment in publishing and increasingly, a welcome extra revenue for authors and publishers alike. In this interview, Michele Cobb from the Audiobook Publishers Association talks about the expansion of the market as well as tips for marketing audio.
- Was 2019 the tipping point for audiobooks and podcasting?
- The shift in listenership and why people listen rather than ‘read’ text
- The growing global reach of audiobooks
- The different types of works available in addition to books
- Thoughts on how AI will affect audiobooks and the narration industry in English-speaking markets as well as abroad
- The subscription model for audiobooks
- Tips for marketing audiobooks
- What makes for an award-winning audiobook?