The creative process for producing any kind of art is both magical and messy.
It doesn’t matter whether you paint, draw, play an instrument or write, your art will sometimes surprise and delight you and other times it will cause mess.
The following moments are what I call messy for writers:
- A draft full of moon crater-sized plot holes.
- Doing a serious amount of cringing whilst writing your first draft.
- Falling down a gigantic plot hole which you never saw coming.
- Reading your draft and realising it reads nothing like the bestseller in your head.
- Having no clue whatsoever about where your creative muse is taking you with your story.
- Discovering a major problem with a character or your plot.
- Chucking your draft in the waste paper bin because it is a big pile of literary wrongs and then returning to it a few hours later, tear stained and…
View original post 512 more words