THE OPTIMISTIC AUTHOR
You can approach your writing with optimism or pessimism—your choice.
(Though complaints, worries, and frustrations may become more of a habit and less of a conscious decision.)
Optimism can be an asset to your authorship.
When you believe that your book will be successful, you are more likely to:
- motivate yourself to work hard
- stay focused while writing
- do the necessary research
- proofread carefully
- put time and effort into cover design and formatting
- put a small investment in cover design or editing
- make a full effort to market your book
- find a way to harness your creativity in your marketing
On the other hand, if you are pessimistic about the outcome of your book, you are less likely to put in the work needed to help make your book successful.
Thus, your outlook may pull a pivotal role in the success or failure of your book launch.
View original post 255 more words