Not talking Morse Code.
They have me. Thank goodness for editors who know the difference.
I wonder if I’ll ever remember everything I need to know about punctuation. Seems the more I read the more I need to read. Something like that. Joel Friedlander posted a great article about using dashes instead of commas and how we can get the placement mixed up.
What I learned about the right way to use these punctuations…
- That the dash is not based on the font size.
- The difference between a Hyphen, EN, and EM.
- Hyphen is shortest
- EN is shorter than EM
- EM is the longest
- The three are not interchangeable.
- An editors shorthand for where to put them.
- And the short-cut keystrokes to insert them.
- Short-cut keystrokes are a quick way to insert special characters. Of course, you can always…
View original post 272 more words