Tips from Author Sheila McIntyre Good 👍😃
Welcome to another, You Asked, the Experts Answer, segment. This week ‘s question is: How do I know If I’ve chosen the right genre?
Choosing a genre is something many writers struggle with and the biggest reason is being unfamiliar with the different genres. Unfamiliarity breeds confusion, which in turn makes it difficult to know which to choose.
Whether you plan to self-publish or go the traditional route, selecting the right genre is essential for success. After all, you want people to find your book.
Why is Genre so Important?
- It gives you clarity for pitching to the right agents.
- It’s how the publishing world will view your work.
- It’s easier to find your target audience.
- Makes it easier for readers to find your book.
- Helps you write a succinct pitch.
- Helps the industry know how to market your book.
7 Easy Steps to Find Your Genre
- Ask yourself: What…
View original post 270 more words