These are from good efriend Crystal Collier over at her blog. I’ve written about a long list of genres, but forgot about Middle Grade. Crystal has a great list on a genre I am completely unfamiliar with:
- First of all, if you can’t remember being a kid, you have no business writing for them.
- Break down adult limitations on creativity and go to the extreme. Let yourself build the impossible upon the impossible.
- Be charming.
- Keep your descriptions light and let your audience fill in the blanks with their imaginations.
- Be aware of the injustice kids feel when faced with adult mandates.
- Remember kids typically feel alone in their difficulties.
- Simpler language. Vocabulary should be commensurate with the age your writing for.
- Keep it clean. No language at this age.
She takes it a step further on her blog: Comparing it to Young Adult and Adult. For that, you’ll have to…
View original post 145 more words