1. How long have you been a blogger?
Since 4th April 2013
2. At what point do you think you will stop?
When I’m no longer enjoying it – which considering the great folks I’ve ‘met’ since starting, may mean NEVER 😀
3. What is the best thing?
I can not only introduce great authors (new and seasoned) to everyone I’m connected to online, but I can also inject some of my other interests into the posts as well, like music, art and humour.
But the BEST thing about blogging is that I can ‘converse’ with people from all over the world – something I enjoy and miss since I retired from traveling and working outside of the UK.
4. What is the worst thing? What do you do to make it okay?
Not having enough time to read everyone’s blog thoroughly every day.
5. How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
I use Google to search for ‘Featured Images’ relevant to topics on re-blogs, if the blogger hasn’t already provided any – it’s a requirement of my blog theme format.
6. Who is your favourite book character?
I have several – all from the late Sir Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series books – but I don’t want to make the others characters jealous, so I’m not saying 😀 😀 😀
7. What author would you like to have on your blog?
Any author who has written and published a book – it doesn’t matter to me if they are famous or not.
The only condition is that their work is Family Friendly.
8. What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
My fur (I prefer to call it that, even though I know it’s really hair)
9. How long does it take you to prepare?
It depends on how many submissions I get and how much information has NOT been provided by the submitter.
10. How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?
To quote Kellogs Tony the Tiger – They’re GRRREAT! 😀
11. What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?
– Find a topic that you REALLY enjoy and others can relate to.
– Take the time to visit other people’s blogs and comment or like.
– Create social media accounts for your blog (WordPress makes it easy to establish and link to several media like Facebook, Twitter, et al.)
– Ensure your Bio and all your links are clearly given everywhere.
ESPECIALLY your online Gravatar – the number of times I’ve tried to follow back via a Gravatar only to find a name, photo and nothing else…
– Try to post often!
– Mix it up sometimes – with humour, photos, videos, interesting tidbits, etc.
– Do NOT complain, plead, divulge embarrassing things about yourself or others you know and DEFINITELY do NOT post any silly photos of yourself or others unless being a Pariah is what you want to be…
– ENJOY what you do.