Great points by Author Chris McMullen 😀
RESEARCH FOR AUTHORS
Every author can benefit from research in multiple ways.
Research isn’t just for nonfiction authors. It’s not just for the content of the book.
There are many kinds of research relevant for authors, including:
- Researching the mechanics of grammar or style, or the art of storytelling, for example.
- Researching historical, geographic, language, or other elements relevant to your plot.
- Researching how people react to names, places, and ideas you’re thinking about using in your book.
- Researching how beta readers react to your story.
- Researching the potential market for your book concept.
- Researching reader expectations for your genre.
- Researching helpful marketing strategies.
- Researching publication tips, like writing the blurb or designing the cover.
- And, of course, researching content for nonfiction, educational books, or historical fiction.
Here are some examples of how research can help:
- Any kind of research can be a helpful marketing point.
View original post 1,246 more words